- Jamie started his company out of his garage.
- Jamies’ wife, who at the time worked for 20th Century Fox gave him the idea when she could not get ahold of him in the back of the garage because he could not hear the front doorbell.
- Jamie failed at getting funding from Shark Tank but the exposure got him a million dollars in sales.
- Upfront Ventures investor, Hamet Watt, suggested he rename the company Ring because it signified both a doorbell tone and a ring of security around a customer’s home.
- Jamie Purchased Ring.com from a domain-name squatter for 1 million dollars
- Shaquille O’Neal agreed to become the spokesperson for Ring.com in exchange for equity in the company.
- Billionaire Richard Branson invested in Ring after a visitor to his private island spoke remotely with a delivery person back home.
- The LAPD did a proof of concept study. Ring gave away 40 doorbells in Wilshire Park, a middle-class L.A. neighborhood plagued by home burglaries. Though the devices covered only 10% of the area’s homes, burglaries fell by 55% within six months, according to the LAPD, mostly by discouraging robbers who strike when they believe no one is home.
What does a garage, 20th Century Fox, Shark Tank, Upfront Ventures, a domain-name squatter, Shaquille O’Neal, Richard Branson, and the LAPD all have in common?
They all helped take Jamie Siminoff’s company, Ring.com 2 the next level of success and a billion-dollar acquisition from Amazon.com
Here are some of the steps Jamie Siminoff took to get acquired by Amazon.com
Read the full story at Forbes.com
Let me help take your business 2 the next level of success today.
Call, chat, text or email me.
Janet Jackson said it best in her 1996 break out hit album Control.
Got my own mind
I want to make my own decisions
When it has to do with my life, my life
I wanna be the one in control
Are you tired of someone else having control of your own website?
Do you feel as though your website, domain name and website hosting account has been held hostage?
Is the current webmaster of your website charging you for every little change you request?
Are you scared to say something to your current webmaster in fear that they might do something to your website that would damage your business?
If you have answered yes to one or more of these questions then you have come to the right place.
Our DIY WordPress Training can get you back in control, and do it for good. No more begging, pleading and worrying about the changes that are not made to your website.
Take a look at what you will learn training package.
Do you own your domain name or does it own you? How to choose the right domain name for your business.
Choosing the right hosting company for your WordPress website. Why you should consider managed WordPress hosting to save you time, money and aggravation.
Learn how to install WordPress in less than 10 minutes.
Choosing a WordPress Theme and making sure it can service multiple viewing devices. (desktop, tablet, and mobile)
Installing the 10 best WordPress plugins
Adding royalty-free pictures, images, and videos that will enhance your WordPress website and not get you in trouble with Getty images.
Adding and updating your website content like a pro. No more waiting hours or days to have changes made.
Enhancing your Google ranking with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Sitemap plugins
Keeping the hackers at bay. Securing your website by installing an SSL certificate.
Learn how to get visitors to share your WordPress website content with social media enhancements.
And Much Much more.
Call, Text, Chat or email us if you are interested in our DIY WordPress Training.